4WD Diesel Servicing & Mechanical Repairs
We know the difference between an off road 4WD & a diesel sedan
When you take your vehicle off road there are many things that can go wrong, and when they do, you are usually in the middle of nowhere and the nearest service centre is over 200 km's away. In our experience it is always better to make sure your 4WD is in the best condition possible before setting out. On the engine side of things the biggest issues you are likely to face are blocked injectors, clogged filters, snorkel leaks, water in the electrical system and radiator problems.
As avid 4WD enthusiasts ourselves we have had our fair share of issues off road and as mechanics we always have the right tools in the back, so we have been able to make the necessary repairs. But unless you have the right tools and know how you could be in a spot of trouble. If you want any advice on the subject, here it is 'Before any big off road trip take your 4WD in for a service or inspection'. If you do this, then you will not only have mitigated any issues that may have come up, you can be prepared for any of the issues that might arise due to worn parts or replacements that are due in the near future. The goal after all, is to get to the ends of the earth and back... in one piece.
Our 4WD Diesel Service
Full servicing of your 4WD vehicle from only $???
A 4WD service is similar to any ordinary diesel or vehicle service. The main difference is that there are a few extra parts and systems we need to check to ensure that everything is running as it should be and they are generally larger with bigger engines than their SUV cousins.
- Full diagnostic and computer check
- Full engine leak check
- Fuel delivery system check
- Complete steering, suspension & joint check
- Brakes & ABS system check
- Clutch, gearbox & differential check
- For older cars, leads and timing check
- Sparkplug check & replacement
- Cooling system pressure check and analysis of coolant
- Oil flush and change
- Exhaust leak check
- Full filter replacement as required (based on service life and condition)
- Air conditioning pressure & cabin filter check
- Full engine leak check
- Tyre pressure check (including the spare)
- Tyre rotation
- Battery check and top up (if applicable)
- Top up of all fluids, including the wiper fluid
- Road test & performance check
- Check differentials & axles for damage, leaks and ensure smooth operation. Top up with fluids
- Check transfer case & top up with fluid
- Test snorkel intake seals (if fitted)
- Check chassis/frame for cracks
- Tighten drive shaft u-bolts
- Check & tighten all bolts on vehicle
- Complete grease of all fittings on the vehicle
- Test the winch & lubricate
If you have any questions regarding your motor vehicle or our service please come in and see us. We love to meet with our customers, both old and new to keep you up to date on the condition and safety aspects of your vehicle. We are more than happy to take a quick look at your car, 4WD, SUV or light commercial vehicle and give you an appraisal as to it's condition and future service requirements.
All work is 100% Guaranteed!
We stand by our work and the quality of parts and consumables we use. After trying our service we know you will too! All work carried out comes with a full 12 month or 20,000km warranty and replacement guarantee.
If, for any reason the parts we have installed fail within 12 months or 20,000km (whichever applies first) we will happily cover the replacement of that part and the time to repair or install a new one. We have never had to cover any faulty workmanship to date, but if in the unlikely event that there is a fault caused by our workmanship, the full cost of repairs and replacement will be covered by us. When you trust us with your motor vehicle know that you are gaining much more than just a service or repair. With everything Automotive you are getting peace of mind and the knowledge that your vehicle is in the best possible condition every time you get on the road.
Some of our quality suppliers & partners
We only use the best parts and consumables so we know that your vehicle will perform day in day out without undue risk of failure. From filters to oils every product in your vehicle is paramount to the longevity of parts and performance. Below are just some of the quality manufacturers we are in partnership with so you can be assured that your money is well spent.